MAVEN Double Glazing Company’s Warranty
MAVEN Double Glazing Company Pty. Ltd is committed to ensuring all works & services undertaken by our Company are of a high quality and suitable for the purpose for which they are intended.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No employee, salesperson, or representative of MAVEN Double Glazing Company Pty. Ltd has any authority to change or modify this warranty in any way.
All works & services undertaken are in accordance with tender documents; specification, drawings and plans provided unless specified otherwise.
All Insulated Glazing Units shall be supplied with the Manufactures own Warranty provided to the property owner.
All Claims will be made directly to the manufacture by the Property Owner
Glass & Glazing Warranty
All glass and glazing is warranted to be free from failure due to poor workmanship for a period of 1 year from the installation date(2)for projects under $16,000, and 2 Years from the installation date for projects over $16,000. Glass failure is defined as glass breakage & glazing failure is defined as water leakage caused by precipitation.
All single glazed panel glass panels are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of five (5) years from the date of manufacture(3).
In the event of glass failure under the terms of this warranty MAVEN Double Glazing Company will provide replacement glass, labour & glazing materials free of charge during normal business hours(5).
Please note that glass breakage, which is not the direct result of the installation, is not warranted, & under no circumstance will MAVEN Double Glazing Company be liable for incidental or consequential damages.
MAVEN Thermal and Noise proofing Series
Our ‘Secondary glazing’ Thermal and Noise proofing System is designed to create an insulating barrier. The MAVEN System usually reduces the risk of condensation, but this is a factor which will not be guaranteed.
MAVEN’S Risk-Free GUARANTEE
Home is where you relax after a hard day at work. Nothing should disturb your peace and quiet Whether you’re having a family dinner or reading a book by yourself, your time at home is precious.
That’s why our SHUSH Noise Proofing System is so popular with families in Melbourne. They help people enjoy their time at home by keeping the noise outside.
“We now have a refuge from the city outside and a lovely, quiet, peaceful place for lazy Sunday mornings without the thwacking of hockey pucks disturbing us!”
– Liz & Paul Hackett (South Yarra)
Our double glazed windows are guaranteed to keep your house quiet or you’ll get your money back. If one of our installations doesn’t keep the noise out for any reason then we’ll gladly refund your money.
Let the outside world keep its noise to itself. Enjoy the peace and quiet at home that you deserve.
Please note this Guarantee is subject to the following terms and conditions;
- The performance Guarantee is for the SHUSH Noise Proof window
- The offer can only be confirmed after the site visit has been fulfilled
- The offer must be written in the formal quotation
- Final payment must be made on the day the installation takes place; otherwise agreed in writing.
- Interest on default payments will be calculated daily at 2% per day.
- A written application for refund must be received together with a non-performance report from a qualified acoustic engineer.
- Maven shall carefully remove the installed system.
- All other works and touch-ups shall be carried out by other parties and shall be the client’s responsibility.
- Valid for 30 days from the date of installation.
Window & Door Sealing Warranty
All window and door frame and sealing systems are warranted against operation failure & are suitable for the purpose for which they are intended for a period of 1 year from the installation date(2) for projects under $16,000, and 2 Years from the installation date for projects over $16,000.
- The operations of windows & doors on a fair wear and tear basis(4),
- Maintaining coating integrity, i.e. anodizing, powder coating, etc. against peeling, cracking, flaking & splitting.
- Performance of caulking compounds against peeling, cracking, flaking, splitting, and caulking & trims against water leakage caused by precipitation.
- Window & door hardware & furniture from operation failure on a fair wear and tear basis (4).
- In the event of a failure under the terms of this warranty MAVEN Double Glazing Company will replace or repair the defect in material(s) or workmanship during normal business hours(5) & in under no circumstance will MAVEN Double Glazing Company be liable for incidental or consequential damages.
- All claims under this warranty must be made in writing to MAVEN Double Glazing Company and be accompanied by proof of purchase. MAVEN Double Glazing Company reserves the right to inspect any product which is alleged to have failed or be defective
- This warranty shall not apply unless MAVEN Double Glazing Company have received payment in full for the products/services for which the warranty claim is made.
- All products that are not manufactured by MAVEN Double Glazing Company have their own manufacturer’s warranty and they are available on request, where used in the course of the works/services provided.
- This warranty is given exclusively to the property owner and is non-transferable
- MAVEN Double Glazing Company shall not be liable under this warranty for personal injury, loss, claims, property damage, or labor, material or other costs (whether special or consequential or otherwise) howsoever caused or arising and whether direct or indirect)
- No waiver, modification or alteration of any of the terms of this warranty shall be binding on MAVEN Double Glazing Company unless authorized in writing by the Chief Executive Officer, and except for the provisions of this warranty, there is
- No representation, warranty, condition, right, remedy, or covenant (written or oral, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise) given, extended or authorized by MAVEN Double Glazing Company with respect to the works & service provided
- Where the glass &/or framing installed is subject to exposure including but not limited to runoff of alkaline, fluoride, and other compounds from surrounding surfaces, or to spattering from welding, grinding, sandblasting, or other sub-trade work, or if the works are damaged by wind-borne debris
- Where damage caused is attributed to improper usage or unusual treatment; accidents; negligence; willful mishandling; settlement, distortion, warping, failure or cracking of the materials to which the product is mounted or attached; bending or twisting of the support structures; spray from lawn sprinklers or landscape irrigation systems; earthquakes, gale, lightning, fire, flood, wind-borne objects, hail damage, or Acts of God
- Damage resulting from excessive stress/strain from movement of the structure.
- Failure caused by the installation of shading systems such as; the application of film to the interior or exterior of the glass; installation of thermal drapes or similar devices; installation of blinds or louvers, etc.
- Where the glass &/or framing are subjected to improper cleaning including but not limited to abrasive cleaners, strong alkalis or acids, or sharp objects
- If modifications or alterations are made by others.
- Failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance of the works during normal wear and tear
- Australian Standard” in this context refers to ASA1288 Glass in buildings – selection & Installation & AS2048 Code of practice for installation & Maintenance of windows in buildings
- Installation date” is the date on which the glass is installed on site & no longer under MAVEN Double Glazing Company’s control
- Date of Manufacture” is assumed to be the same as the installation date above.
- fair wear and tear basis” refers to the amount of use that the window & door system receive during normal operation. For example opening & closing of windows & doors in a busy office complex would necessitate a shorter Maintence period than that required in a residence. There would be a greater number of operations in the first instance, resulting in a higher level of fair wear & tear that in the residence for a corresponding period.
- “Normal business hour” refers to the normal working week of MAVEN Double Glazing Company, which is Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am & 5pm